Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dukes Mayonnaise Story

I'm laughing as I type this one. This story starts with me in the Philly airport and on the phone with my sweet husband who is informing me that we have to declare everything in the care package I packed for myself for him to ship to me, to keep from getting in trouble with shipping regulations. When I told him of the various items, such as razor blades, hair spray (ut oh, aerosol), lotions, makeup, yoga videos, lipstick and two pairs of shoes, he asked me if there were any perishables. When I told him about the two containers of Duke's Mayonnaise, he exclaimed into the phone "WHAT? Why in the world would you ship Duke's Mayonnaise to France?" I started giggling and told him emphatically that I didn't like any other mayonnaise back home and I knew I wouldn't like the French's mayonnaise either, so I wasn't taking any chances. Tom, knowing me, knew I was determinded not to take the mayonnaise out of the box and said "okay honey" and laughed with me.

I get the package this past Monday and had even bought some items to make as soon as I received the mayonnaise. I ate a tuna salad sandwich that very evening. I also decided that because of the fact that I only sent myself two of them, that I would be greedy and not share with the French here, after all, they'd never know the difference.

Below, you will read what my best friend Robyn did. She literally wrote to Dukes Mayonnaise and told them about me and Dukes Mayonnaise going international:

-----Original Message-----
From: Robyn Moody
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2008 7:36 AM
To: Jennifer Giambroni
Subject: Dukes Mayo In France

Jennifer,

I just had to tell one on my best friend and her love of Dukes
Mayo. Tammy Goben is spending the next 5 months in Agen France taking
Trompe and Mural classes from a very famous artist Michael Nadai. She
has been frantic till yesterday when her package that her husband Tom
mailed arrived with her two large jars of Dukes Mayonnaise! We have
asked if she needed anything else and her only request was to keep sending the Dukes when she needs it. If you could drop her an e-mail I would get the biggest kick! She has started a wonderful blog telling all of us of the wonderful journey she is on. The Dukes story would just make it. If you get a chance her e-mail is as follows:TnTGoben@aol.com She is a decorative painter and Master Seamstress from Greenville South Carolina. Think you will love her.

Thank You So Much,
Robyn Moody

Below is what Jennifer wrote back:

From: Jennifer Giambroni <jennifer@allisonpr.com>
Date: October 7, 2008 12:07:25 PM CDT
To: Robyn Moody
Subject: RE: Dukes Mayo In France

Hi Robyn,

We love to hear that Duke's is international! We'll make sure that the
folks at Duke's send her a shout out! Also, what's her mailing address
so we can send some Duke's goodies for the next care package her hubby
sends!

Best,
Jennifer Giambroni
For Duke's Mayonnaisee

Since Tom is leaving town, Robyn wrote Jennifer back today telling her my husband is on his way literally around the world and gave her my address here in France. This is too precious and everyone here is having a blast with this possibility of getting this package from Dukes.

When I shared this story this a.m. at the beginning of class, Marina, the Britain sweetheart, said no company in Britain would be so kind to even offer such a thing. The French said that if I do in fact, get the care package from Dukes, they have to taste it, if it's such a big thing for me. LOL.

I LOVE THIS story and just had to share. Robyn, thank you for your kindness and what a thoughtful thing to do. Will you be my agent when I return and need some work?

Thank you too, for Dukes Mayonnaise even thinking of me in this way. This is so precious!!!!

Love - Tammy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy...that is too funny!!! I like Dukes Mayo, but not as much as you...you have to tell us what you get when it arrives!!!!

Shelly :)

smellyrhinostudio said...

Ok, I guess I'll go buy some Dukes. Having never had Dukes, and also having lived in France, I'd say that anything made in France has simply got to be better, but I'll let you know! (and Dukes will probably read this, too, so another testimonial wouldn't hurt!) :)

Anonymous said...

Not only does Tammy love Dukes mayo but she also knows the whole history of the company! I know this because I heard it via Skype the other day, all 15 minutes of it! I am a great friend! Love ya T. And Happy Birthday today (13th)

Patricia said...

Hey girlfriend,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You have almost caught up with me. Let me know how you celebrate it in France. If you don't want the Sweet Tea Vodka, I'll take it. LOL.

Love you,

Patricia